Finally I have finished my chair cushions for our bar stools. It only took a couple months. They were busy months though. At least that’s going to be my excuse.
First Eric and I went round and round about the fabric until we found this bamboo patterned fabric on Spoonflower. Although it’s not multi-colored like I was hoping. It does add a color to the room that certainly wasn’t there before. I used this as my pattern for my cushions. I made each cushion 15″x16″x3″ for mine. The only features that were different from the online instructions was that I didn’t make the piping, and I didn’t put a handle on them to make them look more like chair cushions. I got some foam cushions from Joann’s Fabric (that aren’t staying inflated all that well, but there’s a zipper so I can always replace it!).
The zipper was definitely the hardest part. It is true that practice makes perfect though because the second one went a lot easier even though I had to rip some seams on the second one and go back and start parts again. The online tutorial definitely had great directions for the zipper though. It just took me awhile to get all the sewing lingo.
I think they turned out pretty well even though it was only my second sewing project. I might still add some ties for the back so that the cushions don’t fall off, and Tyler can’t pull them off. They’re done for now though! I already have my fabric for my next sewing project. I just have to find some time to start on them!